McGulpin Point Scrapbook - page 1

Click on any of the thumbnail images below to view an enlarged version

The lighthouse as it appeared circa 1900 when James Davenport was keeper In 1930, the lighthouse was privately owner, but was boarded-up, and largely unused. This photograph was taken in 1935, right before the lighthouse was sold to its second private owner
The lighthouse as it appeared in 2008. The lantern and lens were removed in 1906 This small shed-like addition appears to have been added to the summer kitchen in the early 1900's  Subsequent owners appear to have 
built this flower box with bricks 
from the demolished station privy 
The old summer kitchen has been completely modernized  The parlor has been faithfully 
maintained, with all the original
millwork still in place
The  main upstairs bedroom is in its original condition with the exception 
of a more modern stove
The first floor hallway leading to the front door and the stairs to the tower The view toward the Straits 
of Mackinac from one of the tower windows 
The spiral tower stairs 
provide the only access to 
the 2nd floor and cellar 
The landing which connects the 2nd floor bedrooms to the tower stairs
The original iron scuttle door has 
been removed, and replaced with 
this heavy wooden door
The view from the gallery. The railing is 
not original, having been replaced at some time over the years.
The possibility of purchasing the lighthouse is discussed on the tower gallery in March, 2008 
All images on this page are copyright of the GLLKA Please contact us before ANY use. Thank you